INLAWS! HELLS BELLS!



I went to my in laws today

It went the same way

As it has every other day

Bored to death and having to stay.


Try to be polite and kind

Can’t do it right every time

Sometimes I just lose my mind.


Doting mothers adults turn weak

Makes me sick ‘till I can’t speak

Can’t stand to see any adult seek

That blubbering sappy little kid tweak.


Controlling tendencies come to play

Make sure you don’t stand in the way

There might be hell to pay

Just stay quiet and have nothing to say.


Odd men out stand on the side

Married into exclusionary pride

No one wants to take that ride

Makes you want to puke inside.


Expectations are high

Participate in the family pride

With an exclusionary side

Odd man out on the ride.


I think I’ll have the perpetual flu

That’s the best thing to do

Get away from inlaw blues

And keep it perpetually real and true

Living in the red white and blue.