WHY DOES WAITING TAKE SO LONG?!



I can’t stand waiting anymore

Waiting to know whether I will be sore

Or happy when I find out more

It’s affecting me down to the core

I don’t feel like I can take it anymore.


Nervous tension, fear of losing

It would be easier to start snoozing

Or maybe I should start boozing

Damn I’m starting to feel woozy.


Clock ticks by slow at first

Later faster like a ticking bomb

So loud my eardrums might burst

Why does waiting take so long?!


Trying to hang I tell myself I know

That there is only a short time to go

Before I will finally know

Whether things will end high or low.


Sick it’s a Friday that this happened on

I thought I’d be off today to write bird songs

Instead I’m ordered to wait all day to carry on

A high tension high stakes telephone call.


It’s sick and twisted this tense tense life!

Does anyone else have this kind of strife?

How do they continue to survive?

How do they stay alive?


If I win, my day will end with glee

If I lose, I’ll end my day unhappily

Either way before that can be

Clammy hands and insanity

Work a war against me.


But I know that when the time comes

I won’t act like a stupid nervous bum

But a rather a quite intelligent chum

Because there is important work to be done

And I won’t leave anything undone

And will be again the one

That won.